Social Security Planning WorkshopApril 6, 2016
Daniel Murphy Published in Poughkeepsie JournalFebruary 23, 2017
Rejuvenate Your Retirement – An Educational Course for Seniors
The course consists of two two-hour sessions held on Tuesdays or Thursdays. The tuition is only $39 and includes a 143-page workbook, which makes it easier to understand the concepts discussed in class and will serve as a convenient reference tool after the course. You may bring a spouse or guest at no additional charge.
You will learn how to:
- Identify the primary threats to your retirement savings.
- Plan your retirement income to preserve a comfortable lifestyle.
- Afford and enjoy travel, hobbies, sports, crafts, socializing, business ventures, and lifelong learning.
- Align your investments with your attitude, risk tolerance, and objectives.
- Apply strategies designed to increase Social Security retirement benefits.
- Calculate whether you should convert your IRA to a Roth IRA.
- Maximize tax efficiency of withdrawals from mutual funds and IRAs.
- Evaluate and plan for health care, long-term care, incapacity, and end-of-life decisions.
Course Instructor: Daniel J. Murphy, CFP®
Dutchess Community College
53 Pendell Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Date and Time:
Thursday, February 16, 2017 and Thursday, February 23, 2017
9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Bowne Hall—Room 122
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 and Tuesday, February 28, 2017
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Bowne Hall—Room 105
How to Register:
Call Dutchess Community College at (845) 431-8910
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover accepted