Rejuvenate Your Retirement – An Educational Course for Seniors
Dutchess Community College is offering an educational course that focuses on the concerns, issues, and needs that are important to today’s retirees. Whether you’re planning for many years in the future or looking for immediate answers to financial concerns, this course offers an eye-opening experience.
The course consists of two two-hour sessions held on Tuesdays or Thursdays. The tuition is only $39 and includes a 143-page workbook, which makes it easier to understand the concepts discussed in class and will serve as a convenient reference tool after the course. You may bring a spouse or guest at no additional charge.
You will learn how to:
- Identify the primary threats to your retirement savings.
- Plan your retirement income to preserve a comfortable lifestyle.
- Afford and enjoy travel, hobbies, sports, crafts, socializing, business ventures, and lifelong learning.
- Align your investments with your attitude, risk tolerance, and objectives.
- Apply strategies designed to increase Social Security retirement benefits.
- Calculate whether you should convert your IRA to a Roth IRA.
- Maximize tax efficiency of withdrawals from mutual funds and IRAs.
- Evaluate and plan for health care, long-term care, incapacity, and end-of-life decisions.
Course Instructor: Daniel J. Murphy, CFP®
Dan is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and an active participant in the Financial Planning Association and the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards. Securities advice is offered through LP Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC.
Investment Advice offered through Murphy Wealth Management Group, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor and separate entity from LPL Financial.
Dutchess Community College
53 Pendell Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Date and Time:
Thursday, February 16, 2017 and Thursday, February 23, 2017
9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Bowne Hall—Room 122
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 and Tuesday, February 28, 2017
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Bowne Hall—Room 105
How to Register:
Call Dutchess Community College at (845) 431-8910
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover accepted